10 Ways To Help
Helping others can be so rewarding.
1. Host a Wish List Drive at your school, church, or among family and friends and collect items that our families use on a daily basis. Encourage peers to bring Wish List items to upcoming birthdays, celebrations, and meetings, or host a Wish List Drive to collect as many items as possible. Then choose a day to deliver the items, see our House and take some pictures.
2. Collect pop tabs from family and friends
- Host a pop tab collection among your school, church or even among their friends, and then choose a date to deliver them to our House! Great for kids!
3. Make a Meal for our families – cook at the House or bring food from a commercial kitchen!
4. Fund a Family – We ask for a $10 donation for each night of a family’s stay, however, they are never turned away if they are unable to contribute.
5. Participate in one of our events! We have events all year round that you can sponsor or participate in:
- WNCT Telethon
- Character Breakfast
- Fall Mum Sale
- Light a Luminary
6. Buy Luminaries – While mainly bought during the holiday season, luminaries are perfect for any celebration: birthdays, weddings, graduations, and more!
7. If you are 16 or older, sign up to volunteer at one of our two Houses in Greenville!
- Complete an application by clicking on the “Volunteer Application” tab
8. Create door decorations for each of our bedrooms (25). Make some type of craft (wreaths, handmade projects, etc.) and attach a string to it so we can hang them on the doors (each door has a Command strip on it.)
9. Make goody bags for our families! Collect baby items (socks, pacifiers, onesies), puzzle books, toiletries, small toys, etc., and put them in a gift bag, box, or goody bag that we can distribute to families. Please do not include any food or candy in the bags.
10. Purchase a Sport A Shirt! Each shirt cost $10 which supports a families night stay for one night. Consider buying shirts for your company, church, team, or family!
*Bonus* – Become a permanent part of our House by purchasing a brick for our memorial walkway!
We love when young people are interested in our House and want to help support our families. Volunteers form an integral part of the RMHC-ENC family and your support is deeply appreciated!
Unfortunately children having access to the House must be limited due to the presence of patients who are not able to fight germs. Children must be at least sixteen years old to volunteer inside the House, and those under eighteen must be accompanied by an adult.
That’s the feeling you get when you help the families staying at our Ronald McDonald Houses. Up to 31 families stay with us each night and we serve many more in our Family Room. Our families are going through tough situations, and getting involved at our House helps each and every family. RMHC of Eastern North Carolina relies on donations from generous people to help the families staying with them feel as comfortable as possible. Whether it’s money, items from our Wish List, or even your own time, it all goes to helping those who need it most.
Do you ever wonder where your donation goes once you give it? At Ronald McDonald House Charities of Eastern North Carolina, 100% of your gift is used to keep our house operating at full capacity so we can serve as many families as needed. We can even trace the steps– from your pocket to a purpose.